Monday 10 September 2012

The View today from the Belvedere

 Its been a year since we moved to this apartment. Many thought we were crazy. Moving out of a beautiful old stone house with an enormous garden, beautiful and rare trees, flowers, green grass and memories. But just look at the views we have from the roof here !! On a rainy day like today, this is what I saw....the hills in the distance, the bright orange-red of the coral trees and green tree tops.  Parrots, yes I know I keep on about them, but they are so, so beautiful, in the Eucalyptus trees....new memories will be created. Flowers in pots on the terrace look as pretty as they did in the ground. I even found some cherry tomatoes that had managed to grow, sharing a pot with an Anthurium ! So a steady supply was available through summer...

















My Adenium that actually has seed pods and looks like a pink bull with powerful horns.




I won't talk about the time the Solar heating system blew,  spewing 600 litres of boiling hot water into the neighbor's terrace ! Or the look DH gave me when I suggested he tell them to quickly pour some detergent so they could give the terrace floor a good cleaning. 
Those are tales for another day......                                                         
..............................................



2 comments: